Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Shepherd Knows His Sheep

I was visiting my 2 daughters at their college the other day. I wanted to find out if my money was missing me. It said it was a little lonely and asked if I could send the rest of it's family to live there as well.

As I was talking to one daughter and waiting for the other, I noticed out of the corner of my eye someone I knew. I realized that it was my other daughter. She had recently cut her hair and I wasn't used to her new style yet. Even though I didn't recognize her features I had recognized her from her walk. I had noticed her walk before I saw her face. I knew her from that walk that I had seen for some 20 years.

How often do we answer the phone and know who has called just by their voice? (using caller ID doesn't count) And why do we keep pictures that have our friends standing in front of a beautiful sunset? You can't really see their faces but you keep the picture because you know their silhouettes.

Now think about this. God knows all of our walks, all of our voices, all of our silhouettes and even all of our laughs, crys, and smells. He knows you and he knows me right down to our last hair. God is not some big disconnected being. He is a very personal, approachable Father that knows it's you just by your walk.

2 comments: